Carbohydrate Counting for School Food Service Professionals presented by Christanne Smith Harrison, MPH, RD, originally aired December 6, 2007.
The 41-minute webinar addressed the following agenda items:
- Brief explanation of diabetes
- Overview of diabetes meal planning tools
- Basics of carbohydrate counting
- Methods to find carbohydrate content
- Carbohydrate counting in the school setting
- Why provide carbohydrate counts?
- Ways to communicate information about carbohydrate counts
- How do you start?
- Additional considerations
This webinar is available as an online course that can be taken for Continuing Education Units.
Webinar - Flash Version
This version can be viewed in streaming video on your computer.View or DownloadWebinar - WMV Version
This Windows Media Video version can be downloaded and saved to your computer.View or DownloadCarbohydrate Counting for School Food Service Professionals - Online Course
Click on the link to register for the online course component of this webinar to earn Continuing Education Units.View or DownloadHandout - Practice WorksheetView or DownloadHelping Students with Diabetes - Carbohydrate Counting ActivityView or Download