Carbohydrate Counting for School Food Service Professionals presented by Christanne Smith Harrison, MPH, RD, originally aired December 6, 2007.
The 41-minute webinar addressed the following agenda items:
- Brief explanation of diabetes
- Overview of diabetes meal planning tools
- Basics of carbohydrate counting
- Methods to find carbohydrate content
- Carbohydrate counting in the school setting
- Why provide carbohydrate counts?
- Ways to communicate information about carbohydrate counts
- How do you start?
- Additional considerations
See also the Carbohydrate Counting for School Nutrition Staff online course.